Popular Posts

Labels

All images © Prashant and Sharang, unless specifically credited.. Powered by Blogger.

Wild Boar: Sus scrofa

 
Wild Boar
Sus scrofa
 
 
They began to circle beady-eyed, a couple of skittish scuffles broke out among the jostling them; they began to shorten the circle. The tall grass behind me rustled, I quickly looked behind and spotted a young boar lurking there...I split. These blokes take down Chitals and devour them if required! Commonly scavenge those Chital carcasses the hyenas leave behind...I wasn't going to stay and find out. Allowed myself to be nudged away to higher ground. They may only be pigs, but they ARE wild pigs. And wear ivory studs.
 
Photographed at Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary, Bharatpur, Rajasthan, India on 24th November, 2013.
 
Camera used: Nikon D5100 DSLR with AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm VR Lens
< >

No comments:

Post a Comment