Popular Posts

Labels

All images © Prashant and Sharang, unless specifically credited.. Powered by Blogger.

European roller: Coracias garrulus

European roller: Coracias garrulus
This is my first photograph of an European roller (Eurasian roller/Kashmir roller). I’ve spotted it before but never had it on camera. In my early days of birding, I often confused it with Indian roller…the original Neelkanth image I had in my mind.
4th October is the day my father passed away, and, having known him for 30 years of my life, I’m sure he would approve me being out there on this day. If he could, my father would have been the first to accompany me on observing nature. He was the one who taught me to look around, observe and understand the delicate interplays and dependencies in our environment.
This one, I dedicate to my father.
European roller : Coracias garrulus
IUCN Status:  Near Threatened.
Photographed at Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, India on 4.10.2014
Camera used: Nikon D5100 DSLR with Tamron 150-600mm Lens.

< >

No comments:

Post a Comment